WHAT THEN SHOULD WE DO?
Luke 3:4-6, 8-14
- What would a world look like with mountains and valleys evened out?
- What do you think of the question the people ask John, “What then should we do?”?
- How would you describe his response in your own words?
- Does his response to tax-collectors and soldiers surprise you? What might you have expected?
- What would John say to you?
THE BIGGER TENT INCLUDES SAMARITANS
Acts 8:1-8, 14-17, 25
The Kingdom tent even includes people we look down upon, the Spirit is doing it.
- What good things come out of the persecution of the early church?
- What might be the reasons that the church decided to send John and Peter to Samaria when they heard that the Samaritans were following Jesus?
- How do you think Peter and John felt when the Spirit entered the Samaritans?
- How are John and Peter changed by their encounter with God’s grace?
- Who are the present day Samaritans?
THE SPIRIT WILL NOT BE MONETIZED
We do not control the Spirit, we are to invite the Spirit to control us.
- What impressed Simon about what the Disciples were doing?
- Why would he have wanted that “ability”?
- What strikes you about Peter’s strong response to Simon?
- What makes this such a big deal that Peter would respond with such strong words?
- What does this teach us about how we approach the ministry of the Holy Spirit?
PHILLIP RESPONDS AND GETS TO PARTICIPATE
Acts 8:26-29, 30-40
Phillip responds to the nudge of the Spirit and gets to participate in transformation.
- What strikes you about the Spirit’s nudge and Phillip’s response to it?
- Knowing that the Eunuch was not allowed in the temple, what might have drawn this man to that particular pilgrimage?
- What strikes you about his cry, “How can I, unless someone guides me?”?
- As well, what strikes you about his cry- “Look, here is water! What is to prevent me from being baptized?”?
- What do you think Luke means that the Spirit snatched Phillip away?
PAUL MEETS JESUS
Jesus never counts anyone as too far gone and welcome EVERYBODY in.
- Put yourself in Saul’s shoes. How does he feel after seeing the light?
- Put yourself in Ananias’s shoes, how does he feel when he is asked to go visit Paul?
- What does it mean that Ananias calls Saul brother?
- Now how does Saul feel now that he can see?