A BEING IN A BODY ON JOURNEY
The unchosen journey that the Holy Family took from Nazareth to Bethlehem is a universally relatable experience that helps us identify with them.
- What feelings or events might Mary (or Joseph) have experienced on this journey?
- What might have been their hopes or fears for what would happen after they arrived?
- What actual journey (i.e., physical trip from one place to another) have you taken that you did not want to take?
- In what ways were you aware of God’s presence with you on that journey?
SHEPHERDS’ JOY and A MOTHER’S TREASURES
- What do you think it was like for the shepherds when the angels appeared? What did they see, smell, hear, taste, feel?
- How did the shepherds respond to this news?
- How do you respond to the news?
- Mary pondered and treasured this in her heart. What does it mean to do that?
- What do you need to ponder and treasure?
THE MAGI – FOLLOW
The magi paid attention to a sign, the Star, that drew them to Christ. God continues to speak to us through our lives, giving us signs that draw us to Christ.
- Describe a time in your life when something shimmered or drew you to stop and pay attention.
- How do you understand the presence of Christ in those moments?
- How have you marked those times?
- How have those signs continued to speak to you of Christ?
Jesus is the revelation of God, the exact imprint of God’s very being.
- How did God speak through the Prophets?
- How does God speak through the Son?
- What does it mean that Jesus is the reflection of God’s Glory?
- How might we explain Jesus as the exact imprint of God’s very being?
- What is true about God because it is true of Jesus?