CREATED TO CARE FOR CREATION
Creator God creates us from the dirt and breathes life into our nostrils!
- What are your stories of being connected to the land, to earth?
- Does your family have some special places you visit regularly where you feel that you are “home?”
- Imagine God blowing into your nostrils!
- Does the image of God as potter resonate with you?
- How is God calling you to be more alive?
CREATED TO LISTEN AND OBEY
Living water reminds us of God’s holiness.
- What arguments have you had with God?
- How have you experienced God’s response to your complaints?
- Why do you think it was important that Moses speak to the rock before the people?
- What does this story tell you about God’s holiness?
CREATED TO CRY OUT
1 Kings 19:1-13
- How did God show up unexpectedly for Elijah?
- How has God shown up unexpectedly in your life?
- In what ways have your beliefs about God limited God’s presence in your life?
CREATED TO PARTICIPATE
The Beautiful Mystery of Being both Garden and Gardener
- How have you experienced the kingdom as a “seed” that has been planted, nurtured, and grown?
- What might it look like for “seed of the Kingdom” to “sprout and grow” around you in your life?
- What invitation does it give us that the scatterer of the seeds “does not know how” the seeds sprout and grow? How does that invitation to that mystery make you feel? How can you approach God in that feeling?