REVOLUTION IN THE AIR
The teaching of Jesus stirs people up and those who take it seriously can’t but help but be revolutionary.
- What teachings of Jesus do you think “stirred up the people”?
- How might we read the words of Jesus as revolutionaries?
- How do followers of Jesus live as revolutionaries?
- Do you ever feel Pilate’s dilemma?
- How did Herod look upon Jesus?
- How are we tempted to treat Jesus as Herod did?
WHICH JESUS DO WE PICK
The people of Jerusalem had a choice of a political Jesus or a suffering messiah Jesus, and the choice still looms.
- How do we answer this choice of a political messiah vs. God’s Son?
- Where do you see Jesus being political?
- In what ways do you think faith should impact politics?
- How do you think Christians are to act faithfully in our world?
- Where are we tempted to choose the Jesus Barabbas over Jesus Messiah these days?
Jesus rose from the dead, just like he said.
- What does it mean that the women heard this news first?
- What does it mean that the disciples did not believe them?
- How important is it that Jesus had told them this before?
- What is the significance of Resurrection?
- What would it look like to live in complete faith in Resurrection?
A TWEET FROM JESUS TO EPHESUS- REMEMBER YOUR FIRST LOVE
Jesus is calling Ephesus to return to their first love – Jesus.
- What does it say about Jesus that he walks amongst the churches?
- What positive things does Jesus say about Ephesus?
- What challenge does he offer?
- How easy it is to miss the main thing?
- If loving Jesus were the biggest thing in your life, what would look different?