EVERYTHING IS DUNG COMPARED TO JESUS
The only value in life is Jesus so Love Jesus above all else
- What is so dangerous about what the “dogs” are preaching?
- How might they be different than those who were proclaiming out of selfish ambition?
- Paul compares all his privilege and prestige to rubbish (or literally dung) compared to Jesus, what do you make of those strong words?
- What does Paul mean when he says “gain Christ… be found in him… know Jesus”?
- Where could you deepen your love for Jesus?
HEAVENLY CITIZENS PRESS ON and IMITATE JESUS
The goal of life is not heaven, it is Jesus, be like Jesus
- Paul is all about “ forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,” What does that look like in your life?
- Paul presses on “toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus.” What does this mean to you?
- What are you most looking forward to about resurrection?
- What helps you to stand firm?
HDO NOT FEED FEAR- REJOICE- GIVE THANKS AND PRAY
Followers of Jesus don’t focus on anxiety, they pray and think of good things
- Who have you struggled to get along with?
- What would it mean to practice forbearance in your life right now? Where do you need to start?
- Where does anxiety creep into your life?
- How might might you pray every time you feel anxious
- How can you “dwell” more on the light? Where do you need to “do” more? What does your particular “dwell and do” program look like?
CONTENTMENT in CHRIST
The secret of contentment is Jesus
- Where are you able to live content?
- When do you most struggle to be content?
- How does Jesus strengthen you to live a content life?
- Where do you share your treasures?
- Are there ways you feel called to share more?