Week 1: NOVEMBER 7
Jesus and Zacchaeus
- When has God’s inclusivity been hard for you to stomach?
- When has your desire to know and see God better meant taking a risk?
- Jesus knows Zaccheus’ name, and invites himself to his house. What truth(s) might you draw from this characteristic of Christ?
- How would you define ‘salvation’ from this passage?
Week 2: NOVEMBER 14
The Parable of the 10 Pounds
- What do you do with the last words of Jesus that He was returning soon?
- Where might we need to be public and open about our faith in Jesus?
- Where might followers of Jesus face consequences in our culture to publicly aligning ourselves with Jesus?
- What is blocking us from living lives of full faithfulness?
Week 3: NOVEMBER 21
Give thanks with your whole heart
- What are you thankful for this season?
- What else?
- How do you practice being thankful?
- What can block you from giving thanks?
- How do you make giving thanks a habit?
Week 4: NOVEMBER 28
First Sunday of Advent
Genesis 28:1-5, 10-22, Matthew 24:29-35
Advent reminds us that we are living in between, but God meets us in the in between.
- What are some gates that you like?
- Share about a “gate” time in your life, when you lived in between.
- Where are the liminal (in-between) places in your life?
- What helps ground you while living in a liminal season?
- What are some of the thin places (sacred places) in your life?