Week 1: DECEMBER 6
The New Jerusalem
- What surprises you about the New Jerusalem?
- How is it different than you might have imagined eternity to be?
- What are you most looking forward to?
- What do you think it will feel like to finally stand face to face with God?
- How do you imagine the New Jerusalem being the fulfillment of your longings?
Week 2: DECEMBER 13
The Ruling Lamb
- What do you weep for that only Christ can do?
- What does the imagery of the slain lamb sitting on the throne spark in your heart?
- What does praising Christ look like in your life?
- What piques your curiosity about verses 9-10?
Week 3: DECEMBER 20
All Nations Tribes and Tongues All Together
Isaiah 41:17-20, Revelation 7:9-17
- What do you think God likes about diversity?
- What do you notice about John’s vision of this joyful celebration?
- How important is Jesus in this vision?
- What does the multitude from every Nation, Tribe, Peoples, Language worshipping all together mean to you?
- What can we do today to begin living this eternal truth out?
Week 4: DECEMBER 27
The Woman and the Dragon
- How does it make you feel to read about battles taking place in heaven? Does it seem like it could be real? Just imaginary? Is it exciting? Terrifying? Confusing? Awesome?
- Having just celebrated Christmas, how does the significance of Jesus entering the world as a baby change when you think about the world being ruled by the devil? (Luke 4)
- v12 says “woe to the earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you with great wrath.” If we are experiencing that woe now, how does that impact your desire to see Jesus’ kingdom come to earth?
- Isn’t Revelation wild?? What else in this story jumped out as interesting, unbelievable, or cool?