While the amount of information online can be overwhelming, we can use online tools to connect and learn ways to be the body of Christ at this time during the global coronavirus pandemic.
>>>Stay Connected – prayer opportunities, online services, calendar of Zoom meetings you can join, Zoom tips,
>>>Financial & Food Assistance – DSHS and others here
>>>Mental Health Resources – Local and national resources
>>>Be a Helper – volunteer opportunities, link to bloodworks to donate blood, etc.
>>>>Health Connect – Video interviews with members of our community about COVID-19 quarantine health topics, and many other resources
- Join us for our live streamed Sunday worship services at
- Access our content on our Facebook page (you don’t need a Facebook account)
- Set your alarms and join us in prayer at 7am and 7pm every day.
- Access our new prayer site where Kerrie or Doug will post prayers daily and others can share prayers and photos, to share signs of hope and glimpses of worship during these strange times. Access that Caring Bridge prayer site here:
- FPC Calendar – see Zoom meetings you can join
- Tips on how to join a Zoom meeting (PDF)
- Families with kids from birth through 5th grade, get on Pastor Kerrie’s email list.
- Families with kids in middle school and high school, join youth director Erin’s email list.
- College-age people, connect with Fred and The Garden.
- All adults, subscribe to Pastor Doug’s Weekly Words and contact Pastor Becca to find places to connect and grow.
- Whatcom County Health Department resources and information sheets: https://www.whatcomcounty.us/
- Resource for financial strain: https://dfi.wa.gov/
- Resource for food help: https://www.
washingtonconnection.org/home/(you can also call 877-502-2233)
- Resources through Love INC: https://www.
- Bellingham DSHS office: https://www.dshs.wa.gov/location/dshs-cso-037
- Volunteers of America Crisis Line: 1-800-584-3578
- Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Services (local)
- Crisis Text Line
Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor
- Whatcom County – Accessing Mental Health Resources
- Recursos de Salud Mental del Condado de Whatcom
- Connect to volunteer needs: https://
- Reach out to those you know in the medical or public services community, and ask what would be encouraging or helpful in this time to them and their colleagues. This is a powerful time to reach out to people who and know trust you, and offer encouragement, and to learn about ways to shower healthcare workers with love and support.
- Donate blood at Bloodworks Northwest
- Other specific ideas and actions will be added here as things develop.