Scripture: Isaiah 6:1-8
- Isaiah’s life-changing, defining moment: seeing the holy God!
- Isaiah’s message: if our worship doesn’t set the oppressed free, then our songs are just noise in God’s ears
- Purpose of Isaiah 6:1-8: to give authority to the whole book of Isaiah for all of God’s people for all times and places
- Wrestling with God’s judgment: grace and judgment are always held in right tension in God—
judgment always precedes but never preempts the final note of grace
- Isaiah lesson: God is “different, foreign, and separate” from us. In God, there is purity and perfect justice