Week 1: JULY 4
A nation of Peace or No Peace
Jeremiah 8:11, 8:15, 9:23-24
- What are some times when the people of God claim peace when there is no peace?
- What does being patient but active with peace making mean for us today?
- What does it look like to “boast” in the Lord as a way of making peace?
- How do you see God’s people making peace that would cause him to delight?
Week 2: JULY 11
The Expansive life of seeking peace
2 Corinthians 6:11-12
- Where do you feel the smallness in your life?
- What might it mean to live expansively?
- Who do you know that lives expansively?
- What are the things that hinder you from this promised expansive life?
- What is one tangible thing you might do this week that would move you closer to the wide-open, expansive life that Jesus offers?
Week 3: JULY 18
Peacemaking with Unexpected Grace
2 Kings 5
- What do you wish God would do for you?
- How do you respond to the miracles of God?
- Where do you see yourself in this story? (Explore the different experiences: Servant(s), Naaman, Elisha, etc)
- Elisha’s sending, ‘Go in peace,’ comes without qualifications – how do you practice releasing people to the work of God in your absence?
Week 4: JULY 25
Blessed are the peace makers
- When do you feel the absence of peace in the world?
- What could the “ingredients” of peace be in those moments?
- How would you define peace making vs peace holding or peace finding?
- Who are some examples of peace makers you know, or know of?
- Where can you be an active peace maker in your world?