It’s heating up!
FPC does not have air conditioning, so if the heat is an issue
feel free to worship with us from the comfort of your own home.
Tips for preventing heat-related illness:
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day even if not thirsty
- Limit outdoor activity to when it is coolest
- Keep house as cool as possible
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down and rest often
- If you need help getting to a cool place, reach out to friends, family or your church.
Being hot for too long can lead to serious illnesses such as heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- Experience thirst, dizziness, weakness, and nausea
- Skin may feel sweaty, cold and clammy even though temperature is normal
- Pulse may be rapid
- REST in a cool place and drink plenty of water
- Get medical care if you do not feel better soon. It can lead to heat stroke
Heat Stroke – A Medical Emergency:
- Experience fainting or becoming unconscious
- Confusion, agitation, headache, or acting strangely
- Body Temperature over 104 degrees F.
- Dry, flushed skin and rapid pulse.
- Not sweating even if it is hot.
- Call 911 immediately