Week 1: MAY 2
Peace Making Rocks
- Paul reminds the Gentile believers to remember that they were once without Christ. Do you remember a time before you were with Christ, or when you were far from him? Why could it be important for us to remember this when we come in to our community?
- If Christ’s redeeming work includes abolishing hostility between believers and others, where is there hostility in your heart that Christ would abolish?
- Christ aims to build all people united together in to a living temple where he dwells–how can you pray to seek peaceful unity around you and resist the urges of hostility or “other-ness?”
Week 2: MAY 9
Peace Seeking Ministers of Reconciliation
2 Corinthians 5:14-21
- What does it mean to be a new creation? Where do you need to know that you are a new creation?
- God has reconciled us to himself through Christ. What does that mean to you?
- We are called into a ministry of reconciliation. Who do you see living that out?
- Paul says we are ambassadors for Christ, what might the most effective ambassador for Jesus be like?
- How might we better live out this ministry of reconciliation this week?
Week 3: MAY 16
Seeking Peace is learned and taught
- Who has been influential in your life of faith?
- What is the invitation you hear in the Great Commission?
- No one is left out of this commission – doubters and worshippers together. So what does it mean for you to make disciples?
Week 4: MAY 23
Peace seeking companions doing life together
- Is this season of the early church something you would have enjoyed being a part of?
- What attracts you about this group?
- What would be the hardest part of their “community” for you?
- What part of the spirit of this season of the early church would you like to see lived out in our church?
- How can you help make that happen?
Week 5: MAY 30
Multi-Church Worship together.
- What is a life worthy of the calling?
- Which element of that life seems the most difficult to you (vs 2)?
- In verse 3 Paul calls us to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. What is significant about the verb maintain in this verse?
- Paul lays out 7 things that are singular (one) in verses 4-6. Which one seems most important to you right now? Which “one” feels the most challenging right now?
- What is one thing you can do this week to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace?