Week 1: APRIL 4
Faith and Revelation in Confusion and Communion
- Where do you get confused following Jesus?
- What do you think it was like to walk with Jesus in person? What is it like for you?
- What do you think made the disciples hearts burn (vs 32)?
- What do you think it felt like to recognize Jesus, and then to have him disappear? Does that ever happen to you?
- How does this story parallel your journey?
Week 2: APRIL 11
Peace seeking sibling keepers
We cannot allow the hate in our hearts to grow against others, nor ignore the outcry of our brothers and sister’s suffering injustice.
Genesis 4; 1 John 3:11-24
- When has hate had a foothold in my life? How has that turned out?
- How does God invite me to counteract hate – both in my own life, and the world around me?
- ‘Am I my brother’s keeper’ – Where does this question ring true today?
- What is one step you can take today to dispel hatred?
Week 3: APRIL 18
Peace seeking members of the same body
While we look like individuals, we are all connected because we are part of the same body.
1 Corinthians 12:12-31
- One of the most powerful images in all Scripture is that we are all a part of the body of Christ. How does Paul paint the picture?
- What can we do because we are one body?
- What are we unable to do because we are one body?
- What challenges you about this reality?
- What can you celebrate about this truth?
- How would we live differently if took Paul’s words to heart?
Week 4: APRIL 25
Peace seeks the Most Excellent way – Love
We can try to do everything as well as possible, but the best way is ALWAYS love, and love may look different than we thought.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
- Describe a recent act of love that you witnessed.
- What might our culture think is more important than love?
- What do you like about Paul’s description of love (vs. 4-7)?
- What challenges you about his description?
- Paul connects love to becoming an adult. What does non-childish love look like?
- How is love connected to knowing fully?